1. The J 42083 Automatic Timing Lock turns two person task of finding Top Center Compression Position for the number 1 piston
(the starting point for all fuel timing and valve clearance procedures)
into a simple quick one person procedure.
2.Time saver! Increase speed and efficiency. Takes less time to turn the engine over.
Injector Height Adjustment Tool is Easy & Convenient to use
Just put our Injector Height Tool on the injector, then you will get exactly 78 mm height on the injector!
J42083 Caterpillar Timing Lock Pin Instructions
1. Remove the plug from either the left or right side timing access holes.
2. To install, hand tighten the J42083 Automatic Timing Pin Lock into the timing access hole.
3. Preload the spring on the automatic timing lock by pushing the slide handle forward and turn it clockwise to engage either of the two locking slots.
4. Manually, turn engine in direction of rotation(usually counter clockwise..refer to Caterpillar Service Manual) until a notice “click” sound is heard. The automatic timing pin plunger has now engaged the flywheel timing holes in either the top center compression or exhaust stroke.
5. To remove, turn slide handle counter clockwise to release spring tension on the plunger(if plunger doesn’t retract from flywheel with light pressure, jog the flywheel back and forth). Unscrew from flywheel housing.
Engine Barring Socket Instructions
1. Insert the tool into the flywheel housing until it engages the ring gear
2. Then attach a 1/2-Inch square drive ratchet or breaker bar and turn.
1 Automatic Timing Pin
1 X Engine Barring Socket
1 X Injector Height Adjustment Tool-Red
We committed to providing you a more wonderful service concept. Thanks for your click!
Go Click the BUY NOW Button and Get This Awesome Tool Set now!